“SEO”- the mysterious three letter acronym. Don’t let tech mumbo jumbo paralyze you from knowing how to effectively increase your SEO (A.K.A. search engine optimization) for your dental office today.
Today, I will share with you FIVE easy tips to increase your ranking on search engines:
1. NAP- No, I don’t mean it’s time to take a rest. N.A.P. stands for Name, Address, and Phone Number. These three key elements are so important to have displayed accurately and in the exact same way across all your directories. What is a directory? A directory is any website that stores your office information. Think Yellowpages, Facebook, Healthgrades, Yelp, Angieslist… the list can literally go on forever.
2. Speaking of directories- this is what you can pay other companies thousands of dollars to work on! You need to claim your directories and keep them updated. However, it is possible to update your directories yourself and save a lot of money. An easy way to do this is to search your practice name in different search engines. See the directories that pop up. Claim your listing on the directory sites and keep a spreadsheet of all your log-ins for future updating. Keep digging and updating as you go.
3. Update your website! Google likes to see consistent changes to your website. An easy way to tackle this is to add a blog or FAQs to your site. Make sure to write blogs including search-engine friendly key terms, but not too obvious, that are at least 300-500 words long. Anything above 300 words is in Google’s sweet spot.
4. Google My Business Page. You should be using your Google My Business page just like Facebook! Posting status changes bi-weekly and adding as many pictures as you can. This will help you stand apart from the crowd, as well as improve your SEO.
5. Reviews, reviews, reviews. I saved the best for last! Having your patients leave 5-star reviews may give you the biggest BUMP in your SEO. Word to the wise, make sure your patients are not using your office’s WIFI to write these reviews. Google will notice they are written from the same IP address and you risk the chance of them deleting all your coveted Google reviews.
SEO doesn’t have to be scary and it doesn’t have to be expensive, but SEO does take a lot of time to do it right. If you want your dental SEO handled by a professional, reach out to Bond Dental Billing for support.