Dental coding updates can be a major source of confusion and frustration for dental practices. These updates can affect the codes that you use to bill for your services and can have a significant impact on your revenue. Here are a few things to consider when it comes to dental coding updates:
- Stay up-to-date: It’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest coding guidelines and updates. This may involve subscribing to newsletters or alerts, attending coding workshops, or using reputable coding resources.
- Know what’s changing: Familiarize yourself with the specific changes that are being made to the codes. This will help you to understand how these changes may affect your billing and allow you to make any necessary adjustments.
- Communicate with your team: Make sure to communicate the coding updates to your team, including your billing staff and clinicians. This will help to ensure that everyone is on the same page and using the correct codes.
- Review your billing processes: Consider reviewing your billing processes to see if there are any areas for improvement. This may involve streamlining your billing process, using dental billing software, or working with a billing service.
- Seek help if needed: If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the coding updates, don’t be afraid to seek help. Consider working with a billing consultant or joining a coding support group to get the guidance you need.
By staying up-to-date on dental coding updates and making any necessary adjustments, you can help to ensure that your billing is accurate. I always recommend our offices secure a new 2023 CDT coding book and coding companion each year for their team.